cmyk's top new creatives comm art SHOWCASE
(terms and conditions)
CMYK TNCS is an art-school portfolio competition open to all U.S. and International graduates, and current students in Illustration, Photography, Graphic Design, Digital Design, Art Direction and Copywriting. Work will be selected by jury and winners will be published on www.cmykmag.com June 2019.
<DEADLINE> Monday, May 20, 2019 (CLOSED)
CMYK TNCS 59 (per project)
1 Entry: $15
CMYK TNCS 59 (flat fee)
7 Entries: $49
packaging, posters, logos, websites & micros, books, magazines, info graphics, environmental graphics, letterhead and biz cards, annual reports, brochures, and self-promo pieces
editorial, advertising, institutional, for sale
advertising, editorial, motion, for sale
websites & micros, mobile, social, pads, phones, environmental
ADVERTISING print, billboards, environmental, interactive, integrated
*INSTRUCTORS: If you are an instructor or representative from a school, class or department and wish to enter your students' work directly into the contest in bulk, please email email@example.com or click "CONTACT US" at the footer of our website. Deadline: Monday, May 20, 2019
Anyone worldwide currently attending school, graduated from school (out for two years or less), or self-taught (personal projects). There are no briefs - this is a contest accepting portfolio work that is already produced.Before you begin uploading your work, download a little bit about yourself as an aspiring creative.
Prizes to be awarded are recognition, reward, confidence, pride, a bullet to your resume that still draws attention, and exposure.
DO YOU HAVE TO BE AN ART/DESIGN STUDENT TO ENTER?
All projects submitted into this contest must be "student work" from a current student, a recent graduate (up to two years out of school) or anyone who considers themselves self taught.
CAN I ENTER MULTIPLE CATEGORIES DURING THE CONTEST?
Yes, you can upload unlimited pieces of work into any category you wish.
I AM AN INSTRUCTOR AND WISH TO ENTER FOR MY STUDENTS.
If you are an instructor and wish to enter multiple students and their work, please call 1.415.454.8711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD OR EMAIL ADDRESS.
Click “Log in” on the cmykmag.com homepage and click “Forgot your password?” to receive an automatic email message that will prompt you to create a new password.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION?
Click “Log in” on the cmykmag.com homepage and “Edit profile” to change personal information. This personal information appears as contact information below entries.
CAN I EDIT OR ADD CREDITS AFTER I’VE CLOSED MY ENTRIES AND PAID?
Unfortunately, no. Once payed, the entry details are submitted the piece. If the work is selected for publication on cmykmag.com, you will be notified and asked to verify the credits on the work submitted.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ENTER THE CONTEST?
CMYK TNCS 59 (per project)
1 Entry: $15
CMYK TNCS 59 (flat fee)
7 Entries: $49
Nothing larger than 2MB. Please upload only 150 DPI to our site. If landscape, make the width 960px; if portrait, make the height 680px. The suggested compression is 10, and the accepted file format is JPEG. Please do not submit entries in CMYK. They will not work on our platform. For further details on image requirements, check out the entry page at your account login on our site.
SERIES OR CAMPAIGNS
If you worked on a print campaign, multiple-paged book, brochure, magazine, annual report, poster series, etc., please label and number each work accordingly so we may be able to properly identify the series. For example: “CMYK print campaign (1 of 3)”
Simply log into your portfolio and click “delete” as needed for any piece in the contest. Once the contest closes, all work uploaded to your contest dashboard will be submitted.
WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
Winners are typically announced 60 days after the competition closes. Winners will be notified via email. All other entrants will be notified as soon as possible.
WHAT DO I GET IF MY WORK IS CHOSEN?
All those published in CMYK's website will receive recognition from your peers and industry, as well as an impressive bullet point for your resume. Physical awards include resume bullets, along with greater potential for appreciation from your audience of your peers.
WILL I RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL RECEIPT OR INVOICE FOR MY RECORDS?
Entrants will receive email confirmation once you have paid for the contest.
CMYK MAGAZINE “TOP NEW CREATIVES” CONTEST
CMYK Magazine, Inc. (“CMYK”) is holding this quarterly, graphic design contest for students and is open to all U.S. and International design students, recent graduates and the “self-taught” in student categories of advertising (art direction and copy), digital design, graphic design, illustration and photography. All entrants must submit "student work" and either be a current student, a recent graduate (up to one year out of school) or self-taught.
The entry fee for this contest is $15 for a SINGLE ENTRY/CAMPAIGN and $49 for 7 ENTRIES/CAMPAIGNS. All entries are reviewed by a jury process. Works chosen by the jury, as well as those works selected by the CMYK editorial staff, will be published on www.cmykmag.com.
*Deadline: Monday, May 20, 2019
You are entering your work files in a CMYK Top New Creatives contest with no guarantee that your work will be chosen for publication on www.cmykmag.com. Everyone who enters CMYK Top New Creatives contest will receive regular email updates as to the status of this contest. Entrants selected for publication will be notified by email and/or phone once the results are made available to CMYK.
As part of entering CMYK Top New Creatives contest, you may upload to the Site samples of your work, images, videos, animation, files, data, information and other content and material for inclusion in this contest: CMYK Top New Creatives contest. If your work is selected to appear on www.cmykmag.com, you hereby grant CMYK magazine an irrevocable, nonexclusive, transferable royalty-free worldwide right (including any moral rights) and license to use Jury-Selected Content (i) on the www.cmykmag.com, (ii) to promote and advertise the Site. In connection with these activities, operation and promotion of www.cmykmag.com, you agree that CMYK has the right to copy, cache, modify, publish, display, distribute, translate, create derivative works from, and store the Jury-Selected Content, regardless of the medium, technology, or form in which it is used. For example, CMYK may use the Jury-Selected Content to promote your material on www.cmykmag.com as part of a screen option, or demonstration. You also warrant that if you are not the sole owner of the Jury-Selected Contentholder of any such rights, all other owners the holder of any content included in the Jury-Selected Content such rights has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted you the right to grant the license stated above.
By participating in the contest, you agree that the Terms and Conditions of Use for the Site available at www.cmykmag.com are applicable to your participation in the contest, your submission of content and other material and your use of the Site.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any uploaded content. You agree that you will not upload any false, inaccurate or incomplete material or delete or revise any material that was not uploaded by you. You are responsible for your own uploads and are responsible for the consequences of your work. You agree not to do any of the following: (a) Submit any material that is copyrighted or trademarked unless you own the copyright or trademark or have the owner's permission (including requisite consents and releases) to submit it; (b) submit any material that reveals a trade secret, unless you own the trade secret or have the owner's permission to submit it; (c) submit any material that infringes on any intellectual property right of another or on the privacy or publicity rights of another; (d) submit any material that is unlawful, obscene, pornographic, sexual, indecent, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to another user or to any other person or entity; (e) submit any chain letter or pyramid scheme; or (f) submit any material that contains a virus, trojan horse, worm, time bomb or other computer programming routine or engine that is intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
By submitting, the entrant hereby agrees to the following:
Any entry that has infringed any of its country of origins laws or voluntary or regulatory codes of practice is not eligible. In the case of the United Kingdom, this will include the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion and BSI. It is the responsibility of the entrant to withdraw such work. If for any reason an accepted entry has to be withdrawn, all production costs incurred will be charged to the entrant.
PROPERTY OF ENTRIES
All materials that accompany or form part of an Entry will become the sole property of CMYK Magazine. Accordingly, CMYK Magazine will not return any items entered and will not be responsible for their loss or damage.
By submitting an Entry the Entrant hereby grants CMYK, its agents and assigns, a non-exclusive, worldwide license to publish and use the Entry if it is awarded acceptance into the CMYK Top New Creatives contest. This use is limited to the publication and promotion of the CMYK Website or contest to which the Entry was Submitted and any subsequent CMYK anthology or historical publication, and includes any medium CMYK chooses, including without limitation print, electronic media and broadcast, for the life of the CMYK publication(s). In each case, CMYK agrees to give credit to the author/copyright owner of the work. Further, CMYK agrees to refer any additional requests for the use of these images that are outside the scope of this License, directly to the author/copyright owner. CMYK does not share your personal information with those websites and sponsors who partner with CMYK and is not responsible for their privacy practices.
By submitting an Entry the Entrant warrants that it is entitled to grant the License referred to above and that it has obtained all necessary permissions, usage rights and waivers of moral rights from all third parties who contributed to or commissioned the Entry, including without limitation the advertiser whose goods or services the Entry promotes, producers, directors, photographers, illustrators and performers, together with the owners of any trade or service marks, whether registered or not, which are included in or form part of the Entry. The Entrant also warrants that the credits and information in the Entry are true and correct and that CMYK can use of those credits and information will not infringe any moral or other rights of the Entrant or any third party.
INDEMNITY AND NON-LIABILITY
Entrant agrees to indemnify CMYK and hold it harmless from any costs, expenses or damages, including court costs and reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of the breach or alleged breach of the above representations and warranties. Entrant agrees CMYK shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from acts or omissions of Entrant, including but not limited to the payment of any money owed to interested third parties.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ENTRIES
CMYK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any Entry. CMYK further reserves the right, for any reason, not to publish the winners for which the Call for Entries was intended.
Under no circumstances will refunds be issued to Entrants. The fee paid for entry is intended to cover the costs of administration, processing & judging the Entry.
*This legal text has been revised to better protect the interests of both parties, with the help of APA
Copyright © 2019 CMYK Magazine, Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Last Updated on 3.25.19
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Registration Information. If you sign up for a CMYK Account, we ask you to provide us with personal information, such as your name, username, password, photo and email address. We may also ask you to personalize your user experience with other information such as your location, and your individual preferences. This information collectively is referred to as “Registration Information.” Some of this information, for example, your name and username, will be listed publicly on our Services, including in search results.
- Usage Information. We also collect information about how you use our Services, including how you view and interact with content and advertisements, the parts of our Services that you use, information you search for, content that you view, and actions you take such as uploading photos, or liking content, creating magazines or posting comments.
- Log Data. When you use our Services, we automatically record information about your use (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s or mobile device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, access times and dates and other statistics.
- Information Regarding Your Social Networking Services (“SNSs”). As a CMYK user, you can interact with and use SNSs, such as Facebook and Twitter. To do so, you must provide CMYK with your account credentials (typically username and password) for an SNS. CMYK will retain those credentials, keep them private and use them to enable your access to the SNS. When you choose to access an SNS via the Services, CMYK may collect from the SNS your address, gender, user ID, list of friends and any information you’ve chosen to make public through the SNS. Depending on the SNS you choose to utilize via the Services and in accordance with the privacy settings you have set in your SNS account, you can post information to your SNS account via the Services, and information you have posted to an SNS will be available via the Services. For example, via the CMYK Site you can access and log in to your Facebook account by entering your Facebook account credentials through “Facebook Connect” and interact with your Facebook account via CMYK. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and other statements of the SNSs you use.
- Surveys and Promotions. From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes via our Services. If you participate, we may request certain additional information from you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We use information we collect, including your Registration Information, User ID and Device ID, information from your use of our Services and SNSs and information from surveys and promotions to provide and improve our Services, develop new offerings and enhance and personalize your experience on CMYK, including the content and advertising that you see.
- We may use your Registration Information to send you important messages regarding the Services, as well as marketing materials that we think may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in those communications.
DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Share. While you can use CMYK privately, we encourage you to share your interests, preferences and thoughts with others, and our Services are designed to enable that sharing. That means that in most cases, the actions you take on the Services, will be viewable by other users. When you create a CMYK Account, your username and photo, the content you like or include in a magazine, and comments that you post will all be public by default.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose any information we collect with third parties when we receive your consent to do so.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated and non-personally identifiable information that we collect. Any such disclosure will not include non-public, personal information regarding individual users.
- Services Providers. We employ third parties to assist us in providing and improving the Services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance, database management and web analytics companies). If these third parties receive non-public, personal information about you, they will be obligated not to disclose or use it for any purpose other than to perform tasks on our behalf.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. CMYK cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of CMYK or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person or to prevent or restrict what we consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Subject to the privacy settings you have set in your SNS account, through the Services you can email a friend and share certain SNS content or other materials. If you use this aspect of our Services we will ask you for your friend’s name, email address and/or SNS username (collectively “Friend Information”). We will automatically send your friend a one-time email. CMYK stores Friend Information for the purpose of sending such emails and improving the Services. Friends may contact us at email@example.com request that we remove this information from our database.
COOKIES & OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Our services may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Services. We also may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Services or to better understand how you interact with the Services. You can instruct your web browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting certain or all cookies. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Services.
Cookies placed on your device or computer by CMYK or any third party site or service that you may access through the Services may remain stored on your device or computer until you remove them.
We may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (individually or collectively “Pixel Tags”) in connection with our Services to collect usage, demographic and geographical location data. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel, that is ordinarily not visible to users and may be associated with cookies on a user’s hard drive. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when activated, signals to websites that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to browser DNT signals, we do not currently respond to them.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your CMYK Account. Accounts are terminated promptly and, absent extenuating circumstances, we will honor your request and delete your account information in no more than 45 days. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or as necessary for the protection of the rights of CMYK or its users.
For instructions on changing any of your privacy preferences, accessing your information, updating your information or for any privacy or data-protection-related questions, please write to email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with any personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with any personally identifiable information, we will delete such information and the child’s account.
CMYK employs reasonable physical, technological and administrative security measures to protect the information it collects. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use commercially acceptable means to protect the information we collect, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If CMYK learns of a security breach that results in the unauthorized disclosure of your Registration Information, we may attempt to notify you electronically through the Services so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CMYK may also send an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you have provided to us for a notification pursuant to this paragraph. If you wish to receive written (non-electronic) notice of any security breach, please send a request for such notice, including your physical address, to email@example.com
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to CMYK. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Services contains links to other websites and online services. If you choose to visit a third party service or an advertiser by “clicking on” a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or online service. The fact that we link to a website, content or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites and services you use. We do not exercise control over third party websites or services.